Navigating Difference: Cultural Competency Training Information
Washington State University is actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation. We have been asked how COVID-19 may impact upcoming events including the WSU Navigating Difference Training. In accordance with guidance from local health departments and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding large gatherings, the WSU Navigating Difference Training has been cancelled for Spring 2020.
- Registration: CLOSED
- Cost: WSU and K-12/Higher Ed: $750 per person | General: $1,250 per person (Cancellation Policy: *Cancellation must occur within five (5) days of registration--Reimbursement will be 50% of the total registration cost at that time.)
- Details: A minimum of 15 participants is required to conduct the training (maximum of 30). Conference includes all materials, 18 hours of training, 3 continental breakfasts, AM and PM snack breaks, and 3 lunches
- WSU Navigating Difference Trainers: Merrianneeta Nesbitt, Louise Parker, and Anna Whitehall
For more details about the Navigating Difference Training format and evaluation, refer to:
- Navigating Difference published in Journal of Extension
- National 4-H Program of Distinction
- Navigating Difference Cultural Competency Training Overview (pdf version)
- WSU Extension’s Navigating Difference Cultural Competence Training: Increasing Our Skills to Increase Our Reach Cultural Competencies Poster
The WSU Navigating Difference Training is based on the WSUE Cultural Competencies and is designed using key adult education theory and practice that create a safe and welcoming environment for all learners. The learning activities respect and support individual learning styles, and the participants’ life experiences are viewed as an important source of knowledge. The intent of the program is to gain knowledge and skills that can be used when engaging in a new situation/culture, rather than focusing on specific cultural knowledge.
If you are interested in arranging a training for your organization or group, contact: Merrianneeta Nesbitt at email@example.com